Thank you for tuning into my podcast, “Snack Sized Sales,” where I focus on sharing three actionable tips on one topic that you can use to transform your sales. Today, my guest is Jeff Behrens, a serial biotech entrepreneur with experience in general management, business development, finance, and operations. Jeff will highlight the one thing that all successful people have in common and tell us why listening more than talking can help us thrive in sales.
He is currently the CEO of GelMEDIX, an ophthalmology startup based on work from Mass Eye and Ear and UCLA. He is also the Founder and CEO of LabShares Newton, a biotech incubator for biotech startups run by biotech entrepreneurs. Formerly, Jeff was President and CEO of Siamab Therapeutics, a biotech company focused on developing antibodies targeting glycan targets in cancer that he exited in 2019. Previously, Jeff served as Senior Director, Business Development and Operations at Edimer Pharmaceuticals (funded by Third Rock Ventures) and also worked at Alnylam and Biogen Idec, where co-founded Biogen’s Innovation Incubator.
In 2003, Jeff sold his healthcare IT company, The Telluride Group, to mindSHIFT Technologies, a Fidelity-funded rollup. Jeff has a Ph.D. from EPFL (Lausanne, Switzerland), an MS from the Harvard/MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology (HST), an MBA from MIT Sloan, and graduated from Harvard College. He teaches HST590, a Ph.D. level course at MIT, and lives in Newton and Wellfleet, MA. This is one episode you won’t wanna miss so stay tuned.
On Today’s Episode of Snack Sized Sales:
- Being in business and healthcare simultaneously (02:24)
- Success by being in a sales mode most of the time (03:32)
- A necessary mind shift needed to succeed as a salesperson (05:22)
- The multi-step sales process of raising funding for a biotech business (06:40)
- Listening and asking relevant questions versus lecturing (07:00)
- Building a sales team around getting a product out to market (10:20)
- One thing that’s missing in a lot of sales organizations today (12:47)
Connect with Jeff Behrens:
- Jeff on LinkedIn
- Email Jeff at Jeff@LabShares.com
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into the Snack Sized Sales podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to simplify and transform your company’s back-office and online customer journey. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows and share your favorite episodes on social media!