In this episode of the Science of Selling STEM, I’ll be talking to Kristin Shunk, the Senior Director of Sales at Hyperfine, a company whose mission is to make MRI accessible to every patient, regardless of income or resources. Their Swoop® Portable MR Imaging System™ addresses the limitations of current imaging technologies. Swoop wheels directly to a patient’s bedside, where it plugs into a standard electrical outlet and uses an Apple iPad® for control. Images display within minutes, enabling critical decision-making capabilities across various clinical settings such as neurointensive care units, emergency departments, pediatrics, and more.
Kristin is a transformative leader whose career spans startup, midsized, and large medical device businesses that specialize in general neurosurgery, neurology, epilepsy, neuro-oncology, functional neurosurgery, spine, and neurocritical care management. She specializes in building high-performance teams and developing effective commercial strategies. She’s passionately committed to improving patients’ lives by offering game-changing, disruptive medical technologies. Kristin believes that transformative medical devices in the hands of physicians can change the lives of many and she certainly makes that happen in a big way. Stay tuned as she shares how she has built such an incredible sales career and the tips and strategies we can use to achieve the same.
And if you need help with any sales or leadership issue don’t hesitate to book a complimentary clarity session with me HERE
On Today’s Episode of the Science of Selling STEM:
- Her leadership experiences working for startup, midsized, and large corporations (02:24)
- The core competencies to keep in place as a leader no matter the dynamic environment you’re working in (04:55)
- Finding the WHY: Making sure sales is about serving and helping people (08:28)
- Getting into medical device sales even before it was even a thing (09:48)
- Transitioning from the operating room into companies doing cutting-edge work (13:42)
- Challenges associated with learning new technologies and building sales teams around them (16:57)
- Why hiring salespeople who have grit and authenticity is important (18:22)
- Coaching salespeople to be the best according to their specific skill sets (21:41)
- Building a team of excellence and the excitement of scaling their business (25:02)
- Being proud of her accomplishments as a leader in the medical device industry (28:34)
Connect with Wesleyne Greer:
- Wesleyne’s Website
- Wesleyne on LinkedIn
- Wesleyne on Facebook
- Wesleyne on Twitter
- Email Her at WGreer@TransformedSales.com
Connect with Kristin Shunk:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into The Science of Selling STEM! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to transform your sales, don’t forget to tune into our other episodes and share your favorite episodes on social media!