In this episode of the Science of Selling STEM, I had a candid conversation with Nate Severson, the Regional Sales Director at Applied Products, Inc. He has spent his entire career in the adhesives industry and has worked at startup companies, multinational corporations, and everything in between. In his 14 years at Applied Products, he has held a wide variety of roles, including territory manager, technical and innovation manager, equipment division manager, and eastern region sales director.
Nate is passionate about helping his customers and ensuring his team is delivering on the promise of being a proven partner. He especially enjoys finding solutions to the variety of unique challenges customers present, whether they’re building buses and airplanes, or sealing cereal boxes. He has a bachelor’s in Applied Science from the University of Wisconsin with a minor in Chemistry.
Whether you’re a seasoned team leader or a newly promoted manager with a record of outstanding sales performance, this episode will serve you loads of value as Nate shares how to successfully manage a team and so much more. Feel free to also book a complimentary clarity session with me HERE if you need help with any sales or leadership issues. Stay tuned!
On Today’s Episode of the Science of Selling STEM:
- His 14-year journey to becoming the amazing sales leader that he is today (02:40)
- Moving away from phone-based sales to dive into engaging directly with customers (04:51)
- Best practices he has found to work when it comes to onboarding new salespeople (07:05)
- Why he has stayed with Applied Products, Inc. for 14 years (10:23)
- How they invest in their salespeople to ensure that they retain them in the long term (13:58)
- Challenges that they have overcome within the last two years (16:42)
- Focusing on specific products and segments to take the business to the next level and stay competitive (19:00)
- Growing a business exponentially by supporting your team to be their best (22:06)
Connect with Wesleyne Greer:
- Wesleyne’s Website
- Wesleyne on LinkedIn
- Wesleyne on Facebook
- Wesleyne on Twitter
- Email Her at WGreer@TransformedSales.com
Connect with Nate Severson:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into The Science of Selling STEM! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to transform your sales, don’t forget to tune into our other episodes and share your favorite episodes on social media!