In this episode, I’ll be sitting down with Meghan Long, the Regional Sales Manager for Trevena, a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing novel medicines for patients with central nervous system (CNS) disorders. She serves Trevena as an employee of Syneos Health. Meghan is an enthusiastic, collaborative, and highly-driven leader with 17 years of industry experience, 8 years of sales management, extensive buy-and-bill and contracting background with a record of triple-digit growth and success across medical device, biologics, and pharmaceutical products in IDN’s, academic institutions, and the private equity segment.
She applies unparalleled energy and strategic thinking to enhance culture, inspire, train, and propel performance in representatives and colleagues. From starting out as a sales intern to becoming an executive sales leader, Meghan has through the years kept up on trends, stretched her knowledge, developed new skills, and experimented with fresh approaches. As a sales leader, she creates an environment that challenges her salespeople to grow and find better ways thereby up-skilling her entire team. If you’re a female salesperson looking for some inspiration, then tune in to this episode. You won’t regret it. Enjoy!
On Today’s Episode of Snack Sized Sales:
- From highly competitive intern sales to pharma and device sales (02:26)
- Taking on a sales leadership role (10:01)
- Going down to the bottom of the resume when hiring salespeople (14:21)
- Knowing and understanding your client and their product beyond just having a relationship with them (16:11)
- How she has been able to employ diversity within her organization (19:23)
- The differences in the way she engages, inspires, and motivates members of her sales team (23:48)
- What it’s like working in sales as a mother (28:08)
- Allowing your performers to work the way that works for them as long as they deliver (32:26)
- Why every female salesperson should be tenacious (34:43)
Connect with Meghan Long:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into The Science of Selling! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to simplify and transform your company’s back-office and online customer journey. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows and share your favorite episodes on social media!