In this episode, I’ll be sitting down with Justin Musiek, the Director of sales training and enablement at Kate Farms, a medical nutrition company that offers plant-based tube feeding formulas and shakes for adults and children over the age of one. Justin Musiek comes on to share his insights on sales training and enablement and how he has built a sales training department within Kate Farms.
Justin has 15 years of successful sales experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, and medical nutrition industries. Justin earned his master’s degree in Healthcare Administration at Saint Joseph’s College and his BA, political science at Lehigh University. Jason considers himself a through and through salesperson at heart who gravitates towards challenging roles and loves leaving a footprint.
He has previously worked at Takeda, a multinational pharmaceutical R&D-driven global biopharmaceutical company as a U.S Sales Training Manager-rare disease. Before That Justin worked at Boston Scientific, a manufacturer of medical devices as a Senior Territory manager/sales Trainer-Pulmonary Endoscopy.
On Today’s Episode of Snack Sized Sales:
- How he started his journey and progressed on to discover more about what sales were and his particular style of sales when engaging with customers (02:20)
- Breaking down the difference between being a sales manager/leader and the person training the sales manager within a company (03:40)
- Understanding the internal needs of the company when setting up learning and development for the sales team or sales leadership (05:46)
- Setting up an individual development plan as a roadmap for growth potential among your salespeople (08:40)
- Some of the things Justin has instituted into the organization that has helped it grow (10:19)
- Defining the sales player-coach role (14:54)
- Integrating a sales leadership vision in your team through delegating (17:40)
Connect with Justin Musiek:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into the Snack Sized Sales podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to simplify and transform your company’s back-office and online customer journey. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows and share your favorite episodes on social media!