Get FREE Sales Leadership Resources at go.transformedsales.com/pod
In this episode of the Science of Selling STEM, I had a chat with Amy Franko, a keynote speaker, sales strategist, and author specializing in B2B Sales and Sales Leadership Development. She works with professional services, insurance, and technology organizations to accelerate their growth. With over 20 years of client-facing sales experience, Amy began her career with global companies such as IBM and Lenovo before taking a 180° pivot into entrepreneurship in 2007, launching a training company, Impact Instruction Group. Since that time, the company brand offerings have evolved. It’s now known as Amy Franko Associates, with a specific focus on sales and leadership excellence.
Her book of business includes some of the world’s most recognizable brands and her book, “The Modern Seller” is an Amazon Best Seller, and was named a top sales book by Top Sales World. She is recognized by Linkedin as a top sales voice. Amy shares her journey in sales from starting out in inside sales and how powerful having a technical background was in helping her grow to a leadership position. Along the way, she discovered that her number one skill was her ability to uncover problems, engage with customers, and sell.
She says the way to go for anyone who wants to thrive in sales is to build up one skill at a time and have engaging conversations one customer at a time so that with time one will have created a whole body of work and success. If you’re just starting out and you’re feeling discouraged, she says you have to start where you’re at and stick with it until you’re good at it. Tune in to learn more about that and how she applies skill-based development to help sales teams win consistently. And if you ever need help with a sales or leadership issue don’t hesitate to book a complimentary clarity session with me HERE.
On Today’s Episode of the Science of Selling STEM:
- Being a natural-born leader and putting it into practice until she got to where she is today (02:07)
- The one thing that propelled her interest in sales (05:02)
- How her technical experience helped her grow in her sales career (08:04)
- Diving into entrepreneurship after proper planning (10:16)
- Realizing her number one ability was selling and uncovering problems (12:10)
- Marrying her sales skills with her consulting background (13:53)
- Living at the intersection of her personal and professional life in the form of leadership (16:47)
- Helping leaders and salespeople with skill-based development (20:52)
- Struggling with conflict avoidance and how she has learned to deal with it (27:11)
- Her pride in the business she’s been able to build in the last 15 years (28:56)
Connect with Wesleyne Greer:
- Wesleyne’s Website
- Wesleyne on LinkedIn
- Wesleyne on Facebook
- Wesleyne on Twitter
- Email Her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Amy Franko:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into The Science of Selling STEM! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to transform your sales, don’t forget to tune into our other episodes and share your favorite episodes on social media!