Get FREE Sales Leadership Resources at go.transformedsales.com/pod
- [00:51] – Her initial misconception of sales and she eventually fell in love with it after a career in marketing.
- [05:11] – Tackling a disconnect between marketing, sales, and buyers.
- [08:14] – Why businesses must focus on buyer experience just as much as they do on customer experience.
- [16:41] – How beliefs and mindsets impact the way that sales people show up in their sales careers.
- [24:41] – A positively minded sales manager = a positively minded and successful sales team.
- [27:17] – Buyer First: Writing a book to help business owners, startup entrepreneurs, and struggling salespeople to sell better.
In this episode of the Transformed Sales Podcast, I had a chat with Carole Mahoney, the Founder of Unbound Growth, a scientific sales development firm, eliminates the guesswork of how to hire the right salespeople and develop superhero sales teams using a using a cognitive-behavioral approach that is driven by data that delivers predictable revenue. Carole is also the author of Buyer First: Grow Your Business with Collaborative Selling. She is on a mission to change how the sales industry sees itself, and how buyers see it too.
She is President of the Boston chapter of the Association of Inside Sales Professionals, has been named as a top sales influencer by LinkedIn and Sales Hacker, and is a sales Coach for the Harvard Entrepreneurial MBA Program. In our conversation, Carole discussed the concept of “buyer first” and how it can revolutionize the way we approach sales, shared her insights on self-awareness, mindset shifts, and the importance of collaborative selling, and so much more. Listen (Or watch on YouTube) to the whole episode to gain from her valuable wisdom.
“As a business owner, you’re a sales person whether you like it or not” – Carole Mahoney
“Sales is about helping people. It’s about connecting problems and solutions together” – Carole Mahoney
“When we put our buyers first, we create buying experiences that add more value, and customer retention and acquisition becomes much easier” – Carole Mahoney
“Retention has less to do with customer success and more with the buying experience people initially have” – Carole Mahoney
“Before we can have a great customer experience, we have to have a great buyer experience” – Carole Mahoney
“The power of the positive mindset in impact is huge” – Carole Mahoney
“Selling is not something we do to others, it’s something we do with them. It’s a collaboration. It’s an exchange of value” – Carole Mahoney
“A salesperson is really someone who is building a book of business within another business” – Carole Mahoney
- Get a copy of Buyer First: Grow Your Business with Collaborative Selling – https://carolemahoney.com/buyerfirstbook
- Get the worksheets mentioned in the book and infographics to help guide you to shift your sales mindsets and engage in collaborative conversations with buyers – https://carolemahoney.com/buyerfirstbook-workbook
Learn More About Carole Mahoney in the Links Below:
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolemahoney/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/icarolemahoney
- Website – https://www.unboundgrowth.com/
Connect with Wesleyne: